The Simplifire

Where young professionals go to get paid to talk

Monday, November 27, 2006

Zygotic Prophecy

So, as everyone knows, Amy is pregnant, and this is exciting!

I have a cool story (a couple, in other words, the majority of the people who see this, have already heard this).

As thanksgiving dinner with Amy's side of the family was dying down, Amy says, "Let's go around and say what we're thankful for!" She gave everyone about one breath to process what she just said before chiming, "I'm pregnant!"

Alisha, the middle sister, and of course Amy and I, were the only people who knew. So it was strange when Ma said, "I know! Elaine told me!"

Mr. Clairmont is the pastor at a small, tight-knit church in Ovid, MI. Elaine is a member of the "prayer team." (Basically just a small group that people can call or talk to and they'll pray for you throughout the day, week, etc...) Apparently she was praying and God just told her. I'm not sure exactly how, but that's the story, and I think it's cool.

And no, no one leaked the info. Right away I asked if Amy or Alisha told Mandy, the oldest sister (since they would have told her before telling mom). They both said no. And Mandy verified this. And I'm pretty sure Ma wasn't making up the whole thing.

Oh, and also, Ma said, "She told me about 4 weeks ago." In other words, it was within a week of conception, and a few weeks before WE found out!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Chris Trumble said…

    do you think her mom knew when you guys were conceiving? that would be even weirder.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm...maybe she is monitering Amy with a futuristic pregnancy scanner.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger shawn said…

    CTT-
    Haha, yes. But I don't think so.

    JZ-
    And possible, although Mrs. Clairmont doesn't seem the type. But I guess that would be the genius of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home