The Simplifire

Where young professionals go to get paid to talk

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Jason's Mom

I told this story to Jason, but my other readers, namely Chris, hasn't heard it. It will make for a nice short, but amusing, post.

At Jason's surprise birthday dinner with a few friends and family, someone brought up the profession of a fifty-x year old friend of our parents. We'll call him Mr. Spock. Well Mr. Zito went about explaining the line of work, which happened to be writing technical manuals, to Mrs. Zito and whoever else cared. Well his explanation was surprisingly close to what I do every day.

At the end of the explanation, Mrs. Zito looked satisfied, and after a pause, said, "Sounds boring." And then she kind of laughed.
I knocked the proverbial wind out of her by chiming, "That's what I do."

Then I knocked the literal wind out of her, and then Mr. Zito knocked the chicken shwarma out of my hand. Then we sang happy birthday.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Chris Trumble said…

    what part of this is true?

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger shawn said…

    All but the last paragraph/2 sentences.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if only that last part were true...the confrontation looks funny in my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home