The Simplifire

Where young professionals go to get paid to talk

Monday, January 29, 2007

Second of Most Recent Posts About Music

While rediscovering the power of music of the other day (coincidentally, with the power of love) by Huey Lewis and the News playing on my ipod), an old thought struck me. And so I think while talking about this I'll also get into what heaven might be like. Now some of this might just sound psychadelic, but I think there is something that drugs and alcohol do to the brain that loose it (pause here...not LOSE it, but loose it, loosen it), and while harmful and not recommended while on earth, maybe it's some sort of a hint.

When I listen to music that I like, I get the urge to do things that I can't do. Like fly, or maybe just stretch around in a weird position, or maybe even just dive at the ground and roll or something. Or backflip, or parkour. And while some of those are possible to some extent, they're usually not without pain or scorn from normal people. These urges I don't think would be satisfied even if I did have the skill to do those things. I think my soul wants me to do something impossible, so my mind thinks of something related but more realistic or dumbed-down that might just be possible.

This is part of why I disagree that time is the 4th dimension. If you're new, go back to the first couple posts in the archive about dimensions. If you were a 2D square, moving in the 3rd dimension would be moving in a direction that you never experienced, and that you couldn't control with your normal means of movement. So I believe it's permissible to do some extrapolation and say that being a 3D human, there are additional dimensions that are accessible, although not by our familiar means of movement. If there is a heaven in the way that many of us think or hope of it, I think we will be able to move in these additional dimensions as a way to just move, or to express ourselves, or just for fun.

Music has a way of loosing the mind to at least consider these spiritual or at least beyond-three-dimensions kinds of movements. Maybe drugs do too, but in a more uncontrolled way.

I also think that heaven will be much less worshipping God by singing and bowing than we think. I think there will be all sorts of things we like. And worshipping God by playing 6-dimensional football (we will be required to use only 6) will be as meaningful as anything else.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jason Zito said…

    That was probably one of my favorite posts of yours. I think you may be on to something. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home