The Simplifire

Where young professionals go to get paid to talk

Friday, December 01, 2006

Urine Sampling

Here is another gross post, but it seems to be what we enjoy discussing, so here goes.

I'm assuming that it's not only my urine that is radioactive. Maybe that's an exaggeration. On an average day, if I've drunk enough water and I'm peeing in the toilet, my urine is relatively odorless.

Well not to gross anyone out, but I have peed in a toilet that someone else already peed in and didn't flush! (I mean, I flushed, but the first person didn't.) I think the only acceptable double toilet-usage is when a male pees on existing pee-water. The other combinations are gross. Ladies are always at risk for splashage, as are men deucing. Actually, to be safe, I'll usually aim for the porcelain right above the water if I feel that will reduce the chance of splashing.

ANYway, the real gist of this post is that when I pee into existing pee-water, it sometimes smells awful. Putrid even. It must be because the mixing of solutions and chemicals...etc. For example, when I lived with the parents, if I peed after my dad, I'd have to flush before I even got done, because I think it stank just about every time. This is obviously also observable in public or company restrooms. Sometimes the smell is obviously due to the guy with a leaky dong who peed all over the floor, but often I'm convinced it's just because of the lack of flushing, followed by pee-mixing.

So I wonder, is the reason that the first guys pee was grosser than mine? Probably not, because if it stank right when I got in there, I would have flushed it. It's the mixing that's harmful.

Well unless I'm extraordinary and mine is the only urine that reacts badly with others, then I'm sure you have already experienced all of this. What really blew my mind is that recently I was the only one home. I double-peed on my own pee, and it stunk! And this was only within a few hours. WOW!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Chris Trumble said…

    I'VE NEVER NOTICED THAT. OOPS caps.
    and no, Shawn you're not the only one with radioactive urine. next week, i will undergo a treatment to kill my thyroid, and for 10 days i will have LITERALLY radioactive urine. the unabsorbed radiation will be almost completely removed through urine. i'm
    supposed to flush the toilet 3 times when i pee. i cant be within an arm length of anyone for more than a minute or so. crazy.
    one thing that i do notice about urine though... super golden crisp does not smell like urine, however if i pee after eating it my pee smells like the cereal.

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger shawn said…

    Hmmm. I wonder if it will glow?

    I don't think I've ever had pee that smelled like what I consumed. Except that when I drink a lot of water, obviously the pee is more clear and odorless. But it's never smelled like burgers or anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home